Monday, April 6, 2009

Moxie's Classic Grill

Moxie's Classic Grill (159 York Blvd., Richmond Hill)

Long Island Iceburg, Moxie-sized (added ounce of alcohol):
The glass was very large, and the drink appeared very grand when it was brought to our table. The floating white chunk of slush was a cool effect. I thought this drink was going to taste very alcoholic considering all the boozy ingredients in it. It ended up tasting more like water. I forked out all the ice cubes into Josie's finished glass. Turns out half of the glass was ice cubes. And the cocktail still tasted like water after all my fishing.

I got so mad that I flung an ice cube onto the floor.
Just kidding.

Applewood chicken pizza:
The crust had a pita-like texture which was nice. I had no problems with any individual element of the pizza, but Jo and I both agreed that it could've used some sauce. Some barbecue sauce would have definitely perked it up. Neither of us were sure if they just forgot to put the sauce on or if it was supposed to be bland like that.

"You think it's frozen?"
"No because if it was from frozen, it'd have sauce!"

Crab cakes appetizer:
We didn't taste much crab in them.

Total damage: $26.50 for the drink and half of the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment